Job Description: Sheffield Hallam University participates in the CSSS Scheme and welcomes applications from students for this prestigious award. The award covers tuition fees, living and travel costs for the duration of a Masters course.
Four CSSS scholarships are available for the academic year 2010/11 (September intake). The deadline for applications is 01 May 2010
You can download the scholarship application forms from the CSSS website or as found below. Please ensure that all necessary forms and documents are included in your application as failure to do so will delay your application and reduce your chances of success.
Eligibility of candidates
To meet Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) eligibility criteria, candidates must
* be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a Commonwealth developing country, and not be currently living or studying in a developed country
* hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
* be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
* have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
* not be employed by a government department (at national level) or a fully/partially state-owned corporation/government agency (employees of universities are normally acceptable however)
* be able to confirm in writing that neither they nor their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
Application Deadline Scholarship applications for courses starting in September/October 2010 must be submitted by 30 June 2010.
Scholarship applications for courses starting in January 2011 must be submitted by 30 November 2010.