Job Description: For young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology or physical chemistry at the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) — comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research, Karachi, Pakistan.
Important: The following is additional information concerning the TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme tenable in Pakistan. It is an integral part of the information given here:TWAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research.
Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the fellowships “for research collaboration”, all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and TWOWS that are mutually exclusive.
* TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) – comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research, www.iccs.edu – for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology or physical chemistry.
* ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
* The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
* be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the year of application;
* hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
* be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
* be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
* provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
* provide an official Acceptance Letter from the supervisor or head of department at ICCBS (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS, Prof. M. I. Choudhary by e-mail (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate the assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
* provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Submitting your application
* The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 June each year.
* Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection
* Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS. The subject line must contain: ICCBS/PDoc/candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters can be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
* Applicants to the TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send one copy of their application to TWAS only (by email or post). Please do not send a copy to ICCBS.
Click on the links below to download the application form and guidelines. Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the application procedure.
* PDoc Application Form
* PDoc Application Guidelines
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240314
Fax: +39 040 2240689